Show Us Your Stuff!
This year we are calling out to ALL artists! Are you a dancer, a song writer, a fashion designer? How about a poet, a mime or a sword swallower?
For 17 years, Steam Whistle Brewing has been providing a platform for artists to showcase their work. On the first Wednesday of every month – for over 175 months – our brewery has hosted an opening night reception for month-long exhibitions by local artists. We’ve cultivated a community amongst art lovers as a place that showcases inspiring work, whether found-object, paintings, photography, graffiti, mixed-media or print design. Art is displayed throughout our brewery not just on opening night but all month-long in our gallery space and for years to come through the donation of one work per show to our permanent collection that receives profile on our daily brewery tours which recieves over 150,000 visitors annually.
But we’re now expanding that realm to include other forms of art, and invite performance artists to join in our Opening Receptions on the first Wednesday of every month. We open our space up to you to showcase your creative talents to our ready audience.
Please include a short description of your performance as well as a video clip, website or YouTube link for consideration.
Our Gallery Features:
- Commission-free and rent-free space for a month long show.
- Your opening night reception, hosted with the brewery providing food, music and bar service. 250 person capacity.
- Assistance with Art Show promotion: website event calendar listing; e-news, Twitter, & Facebook Mentions;
- In return, one piece of work from the exhibition is added to our permanent collection and displayed for the 100,000 annual visitors to see.
Submission Deadline: November 15th, 2017
Want to Submit?
- Exhibition Proposal: a concise one-page summary explaining the concept of your group exhibition
- Artists' C.V. or other biographical information (Artist's website) for each artist participating in the exhibition
- Your name and contact information (email & telephone number)
- A minimum of 5 jpegs of your work; at least one per artist