Head Smashed In Buffalo Burger
Albertans have a profound love affair with the open range and cooking over fire--so there could be no better combination than enjoying an ice cold Steam Whistle with flame-kissed burgers made from one of the Prairie's most noble inhabitants: the bison.
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until well blended. Form into 8 patties. Grill the burgers on a medium heat grill for 6-7 minutes per side (or until meat is no longer pink). Toast your buns if you like.
To really kick up the flavour, whip up one of our award-winning bb-q sauces.
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground free range Alberta bison
- 6 strips smoked bacon (diced)
- 1/4 cup Steam Whistle Pilsner
- 1 free range egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 shakes of garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. of hot mustard (Dijon or otherwise)
- 2 dashes of Worcester sauce
- 4 dashes of your favourite hot sauce
- 1/2 of sharp Canadian cheddar cheese