Steam Whistle Teriyaki Burger and Onion Rings
- Mix beef, egg, bread crumbs and 2 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce together. Form 6 patties. Salt and pepper the outside and set aside.
- Saute onion in a large fry pan in the butter until translucent. Add Steam Whistle Pilsner and reduce until almost gone. Add the mushroom and stir fry until tender. Add the teriyaki sauce.
- Fry the burger on a grill pan for 10-12 min. or until desired doneness. Then place them in the frypan with with teriyaki mixture. Cover and let sit while you make the onion rings.
- Preheat oven to 200F. Mix batter with the Staem Whistle Pilsner until the lumps are gone but don’t over mix using as much liquid as you like. The thinner the batter the lighter and crispier the onion ring. Set the bowl of batter over a bowl filled with ice. Heat oil in a wok until hot enough that a small piece of bread will float and sizzle. Working quickly and in small batches dip onion rings into batter and completely coat. Drop them in one by one into the batter. Turn when golden on one side and then remove when golden on the other. Transfer onto a paper towel lined plate. Salt immediately. Keep in the oven while continuing to make the onion rings.
- Reheat burgers and serve on the sesame seed buns with the mushrooms, onion and teriyaki mixture. Sprinkle the top with sesame seeds. Serve with the onion rings. Oh so crazy good with a bottle of Steam Whistle!!!
Original source: http://noshingwiththenolands.com/steam-whistle-teriyaki-burger-and-onion-rings/
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- 1/2 bottle Steam Whistle beer
- 2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp. bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. Teriyaki sauce, store bought
- 4 Portabella mushroom caps
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 6 sesame hamburger buns
- Onion Rings
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 cup Asian Family Tempura Batter mix
- 1/2-2/3 cup Steam Whistle beer
- Steam Whistle to drink!!