Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos and Pork Sausage
Submitted by Wayne McQuillan.
- Cut the tops off the peppers
- Cut the peppers from top to bottom but not completely in half. You want the pepper to open like a book.
- Use your fingers or a tiny spoon to scrape out the seeds/insides of the peppers. You can leave the seeds for maximum heat.
**If you want to avoid heat you can also buy less hot styles of Jalapeños**
- Puncture Pork Sausages with a fork all over so that when you boil them, they soak in the beer!.
- Boil the sausages in Steam Whistle Pilsner for 15mins to 20 mins.
- Take out and let cool down completely.
- Open the sausage casing and pull out the meat. Dice the sausage meat down so it looks like minced meat.
- Sauté diced white onions until caramelized brown.
- Mix the meat and onions in a bowl with your choice of cream cheese then stuff the peppers.
- With a brush, pour Maple syrup or honey on your bacon strips. Wrap your peppers tight with the bacon and skewer with a toothpick to hold them together while baking.
- **the sweetness helps to combat the heat of the pepper**
- Pre-Heat the oven to 425 degrees - 450 degrees depending how hot your oven gets and cook from 20mins - 30mins or when the bacon looks nice and brown and the peppers are tender.
Steam Whistle Pilsner