Blue Suede B-B-Shoe Sauce
We think The King would be delighted to dig in to some ribs donned with this unusual berry, beery, BBQ sauce.
Add the ingredients to a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes. If the sauce isn't thick enough for your liking, or if you're in a hurry, add 2 tsp of cornstarch blended with 1/8 cup of Steam Whistle to the boiling sauce and simmer until thickened.
MAKES ABOUT 3 CUPS
*This sauce is recommended on duck or turkey, or any poultry for that matter but works just as wonderfully as a baste for steak.
This recipe was created by Steam Whistle staffer, Ellen McKinney.
- 3 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries (strawberries would work well too)
- 3/4 cup of white vinegar
- 3/4 cup of Steam Whistle Pilsner
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp of ground cloves (ginger would also make an interesting substitute)
- 1 bay leaf
- Optional: 1/2 tsp red pepper