Pork Loin with Steam Whistle Cranberry Apple Stuffing
Created by Liz White of Liaison College, Toronto.
Slit a pocket through one end of the tenderloin, and down it's centre. Do not slice through the other end. Season inside and out with salt and pepper. Combine rosemary, thyme, garlic and oil in a bowl. Spread mixture over pork. Cover and refrigerate for atleast 1 hour. Heat olive oil in sauce pan, add onion and cook until slightly brown. Add ginger and apples and cook for 2 min. Combine remaining ingredients, including Steam Whistle Pilsner, and lower heat. Allow to cook, reducing until thickened. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Stuff chutney into tenderloin and wrap with bacon.
Using a roasting rack and baking sheet, put pork into 350 F oven, until it's centre reads a temp of 130 degrees. Remove from oven, allow to stand, tented with aluminum foil for 10 min. Slice and serve.
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped thyme
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3-1/2 to 4 lb boneless pork loin
- salt and pepper to taste
- sliced bacon, as needed
- 3 lbs Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 bottle Steam Whistle Pilsner
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups finely diced red onion
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 tsp salt
- olive oil for sauteeing