Steam Whistle Sausages
Recipes prepared by Shawn Adler and Jason Hayes of the newly opened Lunch, Peterborough's latest eatery, at 318 Charlottle St.
(Yield - 4 servings)
Melt butter in a large skillet. Cut onions into large pieces and then cook in butter until caramelized and yummy looking. Add mushrooms and cook until softened. Once the mushrooms have softened, add one bottle of Steam Whistle Pilsner. Then add the sausages, salt & pepper and the fresh herbs to the pan. Cook the sausages uncovered until done and the beer will make a delicious sauce as it reduces.
Place one sausage on each Steam Whistle whole wheat bun with a wedge of Brie, a few sunflower sprouts and the mushrooms & onions.
Sit down with Good Friends and enjoy this Good Sandwich with a cold bottle of Steam Whistle Pilsner!
- 4 of your favourite sausages available at the Peterborough Farmer's Market
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 large onion (preferably organic)
- 4 Waymac Farms Portobella Mushroom Caps, sliced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 slices of Brie, thick cut
- 2 bottles of Steam Whistle Pilsner
- Handful of Sunflower Sprouts (also available at the Farmer's Market)
- 2 Tbsp of fresh Thyme or Rosemary