Steam Whistle Stir Fry
Vegetarians and health conscious diners will appreciate this Asian-inspired dish, with its 7 vibrant veggies, a hint of citrus and a splash of all natural pilsner.
Created by Ellen McKinney
Meat lovers might mistake the sautaed tofu for chicken!
Soak the vermicelli noodles in a large bowl of cold water until softened, approximately 30 minutes. Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a pan on medium high. Add tofu and season with cumin and chili powder. Cook until tofu is brown and slightly crisp on the outside. Set aside. Heat rest of oil in the pan. Add garlic and ginger and saute for 1 minute. Add soy sauce, lime juice, Steam Whistle, chili paste and crushed red pepper flakes. Mix until combined. Add sliced carrot and heat for 1 minute. Add red and yellow peppers, snow peas, baby corn, steamed broccoli and green onion and saute 1 minute. Drain the vermicelli noodles and saute in pan with vegetables, sauce and tofu incorporating the sauce and veggies into the noodles. Add the orange segments, cilantro and basil and heat through. Serve with heat-quenching bottles of Steam Whistle Pilsner.
Makes two servings.
- 1/2 a package of vermicelli noodles
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 /2 package extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp Steam Whistle Pilsner
- 1 Tbsp chili paste
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 carrot, sliced diagonally
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1 /2 can baby corn
- 1 cup of chopped broccoli, steamed
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 1 orange, segmented and chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped