Traditional Stew with Steam Whistle Pilsner and Black Angus Beef
This recipe created by Chef Kyle Churcher of Aubrey's Meats took the People's Choice Award in the 2008 Stew Cook-off as part of Ottawa's Annual Winterlude Festival.
Layer vegetables with garlic, bay leafs, butter or oil, salt and pepper, and top with beer. This is where there are some options, I've done this with all of Aubrey's sausages (six to twelve), chicken, turkey, duck, or goose legs work well. Pork loin bone in or boneless, 2 pounds boneless or 5 to 6 ribs. Roast in a 300F oven for 1 hour 45 min to 2 hours or until poultry legs are fork tender. Happy cooking!
- 6 to 8 potatoes, sliced in 1/2" thickness
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, rough chopped
- 3 or 4 bay leafs
- parsnips, carrots, turnip, or sweet potatoes in bite size pieces are optional
- 1/2 cup butter or olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 bottle Steam Whistle Pilsner
- Your choice of meat