Screamin' and Steaming Pork and Chicken
This recipe was submitted by Michelle Krasovec, from Liaison College.
Yields 2 servings
Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add whole potatoes and cook until slightly tender (about 15min). During the last 5 minutes of cooking - add carrots. Drain and cut potatoes in half.
Meanwhile in a separate frying pan heat the olive oil, season chicken with salt and pepper and pan sear chicken thighs and sausage. Transfer to baking dish along with potatoes and carrots.
To the frying pan add the shallots, garlic, thyme, rosemary and pan fry slowly until softened. Increase heat and deglaze pan with Steam Whistle Pilsner, simmering until all beer has soaked into shallots and garlic. Add broth and reduce by a third. Add a little salt and pepper and pour over meat and potatoes. Finish baking in 400 F (204 C) oven until meat is cooked thoroughly. Approximately 30-40 minutes.
- 10 baby potatoes, cut in half
- 6 - 8 baby carrots
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) canola oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (approx. 0.75 lb (364 g))
- 2 links of Italian pork sausage, each cut in half (approx. 0.50 lb (256 g))
- 1 shallot, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) fresh thyme
- 1 tsp (5 ml) fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Steam Whistle Pilsner
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) low sodium chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste