Posted on September 30, 2014 by Liz
Are you ready for some Football?
One of the greatest parting gifts summer leaves us with is the return of Football on Sundays.
Now that the temperatures have started to drop you can cozy up in front of the TV guilt free, and we all know nothing goes better with Sunday Football than a killer appetizer.
Check out our neighbor Kasie’s recipe for Beer Cheddar dip starring… you guessed it, our golden pilsner – you can put it on anything; crackers, nachos, wings, even salad…. Just joking about the salad part.
Let the hibernation commence!
Beer Cheddar Dip
1 bottle of Steam Whistle
3 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
8oz package of fat-free cream cheese; soften by removing from refrigerator a few hours prior to cooking
3 cloves of minced garlic, or garlic powder to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
Medium size non-stick saucepan or pot with lid
Optional – make dip spicy by adding diced jalapeños or chili flakes
1. Pour Steam Whistle into saucepan and cover with lid. Cook on medium heat until sauce begins bubbling.
2. Use a knife to cut the cream cheese into small portions and begin adding to beer. Once all cream cheese is added, return lid to pot and cook covered until cream cheese is nearly melted. Stir frequently to keep mixture from sticking.
3. Once cream cheese appears to be mostly melted, begin adding cheddar cheese in small increments while continuously stirring mixture.
4. Add salt, pepper and garlic to desired taste.
5. Continue stirring mixture and gradually turn down heat as cheese melts. The dip will thicken after the heat is lowered.
Serve with pretzels, spicy pickled vegetables or fresh vegetables, and of course… More Steam Whistle!